We are a cafe, bookstore, and community space with roots in the Adams Morgan.
The Potter’s House is a nonprofit café, bookstore, and event space in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC. Since opening our doors in 1960 we have been a key place for deeper conversation, creative expression, and community transformation.
After closing in 2013 for major renovations, The Potter’s House re-opened in spring 2015 with a renewed space and revitalized offerings.
In our rapidly changing city - one in which development so often means displacement - The Potter's House is a deeply rooted space where we can build relationships across our differences, envision just alternatives, and grow the movements that will make them possible.
1658 Columbia Rd NW
Washington, District of Columbia 20009